Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit, Christian based community organization dedicated to building, renovating and repairing safe, decent and affordable housing for low-income families in our community. We consider our employees as ambassadors of the Habitat for Humanity program through program commitment, a positive, friendly image, excellent interpersonal skills as well as a focus on providing a superb experience for partners, donors and volunteers.
Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley is seeking candidates for the following position:
Construction Supervisor – Full-time, Hourly
Seeking an individual that has a knowledge of construction site work that is able and willing to teach and lead volunteers through each assigned task and to successfully work within teams for the construction of new homes and assigned projects. Must have experience in working with all facets of construction with a desire to work in a nonprofit environment with a passion to contribute to the greater good. This individual must have good communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse population to provide and receive feedback effectively and respond to situations in a proactive and positive manner.
• Management or project supervisory experience necessary; project management experience must include analysis, planning and budgeting.
• Possess sufficient knowledge of residential construction, including determining material needs, coordinating and participating in construction activities. Must have a working knowledge of residential building codes.
• Two or more years’ experience in residential construction or one-year full-time experience with Habitat for Humanity’s construction programs.
• Previous experience teaching or supervising volunteers or students preferred. Able to lead, manage, supervise and motivate.
• Able to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple projects.
• Able to analyze circumstances, make routine decisions, problem solve, and give direction in order to resolve.
• Able to operate hand and power tools necessary for basic construction tasks and able to instruct others on tool safety.
• Able to read and interpret standard residential construction blueprints and specifications.
• Must possess basic mathematical aptitude to calculate building measurements, quantities, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret procedural manuals, safety regulations, maintenance instructions, etc.
• Effective interpersonal skills. Able to give both oral and written instruction to both individuals & groups, subcontractors & suppliers.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Prior Construction experience and/or training required.
• Certified in first aid and CPR preferred
• HFHI Competent Person Certification preferred
• Valid driver’s license in good standing required. Able to independently operate motor vehicles.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.