Full-time, Monday thru Friday, some Saturdays
Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit, Christian based community organization dedicated to building, renovating and repairing safe, decent and affordable housing for low-income families in our community.
Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley is seeking an experienced store operations manager that can lead and manage staff, is proactive in observing, acting and keeping operations running smoothly and has a high touch customer service approach. This position reports to the General Manager.
Position Summary: Reporting to the General Manager, the ReStore Manager is responsible for leading store operations and communications of the ReStore, championing teamwork and team cohesiveness. Full accountability for store readiness including staffing levels, safety, inventory management, and store cleanliness/organization.
- Supervise General Store Operations, Sales Floor, Volunteers, Warehouse, and Drivers conducting donation pick-ups
- Provide leadership and coaching to employees and ensure employees are aware of ReStore policies and procedures through open and regular communication
- Ensure well-being and safety of subordinates, including all paid and volunteer associates
- Manage opening and closing duties, schedules, and ReStore staff and volunteers to ensure effective coverage and job performance
- Facilitate opening and closing duties, including daily sales reconciliations, and provide support and back-up to staff, as needed
- Facilitate staff communication channels and appropriately resolve concerns, issues, and ideas
- Coordinate volunteer training and onboarding as well as appropriate staff training working with the General Manager to identify ongoing need, creation, communicatioin and scheduling of events.
- Work with General Manager to identify the need for generating sales presenting creative suggestions, assisting in coordination of advertising efforts and providing ongoing support.
- Lead and motivate staff to exceed expectations
- Continually inspect sales floor for hazards, new product and merchandising needs
- Establish cleanliness standards and ensure store meets proper service levels
- Manage staff schedules and truck deliveries to maintain effective workflow and provide excellent customer service
- Conduct product research to properly price items
- Perform the functions of the role with in the established ReStore standards and guidelines including following merchandising, space and safety standards
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to facilitate exchange and dissemination of relevant information
- Address and provide solutions for escalated issues as needed
- Maintain friendly and courteous environment within Restore.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred
- Experience in managing and leading staff in all areas of ReStore operations to include addressing staff concerns, facilitating employee disputes and providing growth and development opportunities when possible.
- Strong customer services skills the ability to defuse challenging situations with tact
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Self-starter with a positive and pro-active approach
- Multi-tasking and practical problem solving capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability to be able to perform all ReStore tasks in the absence of staff and volunteers
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 40 pounds
- Effective interpersonal skills within a diverse environment and good listening skills with the ability to empathize with others
- Previous retail/customer service management experience preferred